School is out for the summer - and already parents are swapping ideas about how to keep their kids’ brains sharp and learning while they enjoy the free time summer brings.
The most important skill to keep growing in the summertime is a child’s reading fluency. But in order to entice your child to read if he or she is not already a bookworm books need to be chosen carefully.
1. They are leveled from beginning to more advanced language so your child won’t have to work too hard as he’s getting started. There are three levels, A, B, and C, marked on the books for easy identification.
2. One of the benefits of Eli’s Books is their beautiful photo illustrations – older readers can enjoy the books without having illustrations that are too babyish.
3. If you have Easy-for-Me™ Children’s Readers, Eli’s Books will coordinate beautifully with them.
4. For children who are active and have short attention spans, Eli’s Books with their large illustrations will help capture their attention – but for a wonderful attention-grabber, use a voice amplification device such as a WhisperPhone®. When your child is sporting a WhisperPhone® Solo, his/her attention will be captured by clearing hearing his/her own voice reading. Not to mention the novelty of having a headset to wear while reading!
5. One of the biggest reasons I love Eli’s Books for young readers is that the books will inspire your children to engage in play and exploration. Eli’s Books are about fishing, playing with shadows, picking berries, exploring outdoors in the woods, playing in the water, making music with found objects, making cookies, and more. There is something for everyone!