About this product
Images on the fronts of Teaching Cards reflect each title image from Alphabet Tales, while the reverse of each card provides a handy reminder of how to teach children to write each letter, and how to form the letter with their hands. Finally, there is a tactile activity for each letter that will give children time to let their new-found knowledge go into long term memory.
The real power for linking alphabet symbols to their sounds lies in reading Alphabet Tales while children enjoy the pictures. There will be no need for the children to memorize or drill letters and their sounds. The stories and images will do all the teaching!
- Read the first story and just enjoy the storyline and the images without overtly teaching anything.
- Use the related Alphabet Teaching Card if a quick visual reminder is needed later.
- Say the jingle (ex: “Amy’s ants on an anthill, actually.”) Let your child retell the storyline.
- Do the hand motion for the letter which is found on the back of the card as well as in Alphabet Tales. These are very beneficial for kinesthetic learners!
- Practice writing the letter on a whiteboard or use dry-erase Alphamats.
- Finally, provide needed supplies to complete the craft detailed on the back of each card.