Beyond Sight Words Activities D (Download)
This item is download only. Once purchased, you will receive an email containing the product download.
Don’t just teach and drill sight words the old, ineffective way! Now in just a few minutes a day, you can teach sight words using visual prompts and related body motions using Beyond Sight Words Activities D AND teach the major components of reading at the same time using a game-based approach that children love! **Please note that this product contains the activities that coordinate with SnapWords® List D - it does not include the SnapWords® themselves. See note below under Details.
This valuable teacher resource provides 258 pages of games and activities that teach and reinforce 408 words including the SnapWords® picture sight words found in SnapWords® List D. All additional words are related by word family or sound spelling.
Activities target essential components of effective reading instruction
- Vocabulary and word recognition
- Phonemic awareness
- Alphabetic principle
- Reading Fluency
Skills Taught in Beyond Sight Words Activities D
1. Word families: OTH, EST, OST, OSS, IGH, EA as middle sound, EE, EAR, AW, UR, OUGH sounds 6 different ways. .
2. Digraphs and blends: SL, CL, FR, BR, BL, CR, QU, CH, GH, FL, GL, GR, TH, SP, PL, CH, SH, TR, SM, GN, DR, PR, STR, SQU.
Included in this resource
1. Teaching notes (mini-lessons) to teach each sight word memorably. Each lesson focuses on one word and then brings in several other words that share a sound spelling or are in the word family.
- ABC ordering,
- reading assessment
- vocabulary bingo
- go fish
- making sentences
- sentence unscramble
- sound manipulation
- word sort
- word wall games
- write about it sections, and more!
4. Tracking charts
5. Achievement certificates
6. Plain word wall words
This product is for those who already have SnapWords® List D.
Total Pages 258
Answer Key Included
Teaching Duration 1 Semester (depending on the child or skill base the children have.)