Activities target essential components of effective reading instruction
- Vocabulary and word recognition
- Phonemic awareness
- Alphabetic principle
- Reading Fluency
Skills Taught in Beyond Sight Words Activities E
1. Word families: OW, QU, TCH, LE, ANK, INK, LY, LE endings, double consonants in words, ANT, EAR, ACC when it sounds like AKS and AKK, ING, SE endings, SS double consonant.
2. Digraphs, diphthongs, and blends: CR, FL, TH, BL, CL, ST, WR, ST, CK, OI, AI, OU, OR.
Included in this resource
1. Teaching notes (mini-lessons) to teach each sight word memorably. Each lesson focuses on one word and then brings in several other words that share a sound spelling or are in the word family.
- ABC ordering,
- reading assessment
- vocabulary bingo
- go fish
- making sentences
- sentence unscramble
- sound manipulation
- word sort
- word wall games
- write about it sections, and more!
4. Tracking charts
5. Achievement certificates
6. Plain word wall words
This product is for those who already have SnapWords® List E.
Total Pages 259
Answer Key Included
Teaching Duration 1 Semester (depending on the child or skill base the children have.)