Beyond Sight Words Activities C (Download)
This item is download only. Once purchased, you will receive an email containing the product download.
Don’t just teach and drill sight words the old, ineffective way! Now in just a few minutes a day, you can teach sight words using visual prompts and related body motions using Beyond Sight Words Activities C AND teach the major components of reading at the same time using a game-based approach that children love! **Please note that this product contains the activities that coordinate with SnapWords® List C - it does not include the SnapWords® themselves. See note below under Details.
This valuable teacher resource provides 256 pages of games and activities that teach and reinforce 477 words including the SnapWords® picture sight words found in SnapWords® List C. All additional words are related by word family or sound spelling.
Activities target essential components of effective reading instruction
- Vocabulary and word recognition
- Phonemic awareness
- Alphabetic principle
- Reading fluency
Skills taught in Beyond Sight Words Activities C
1. Word families: OLD, ING, AN, AD, AR (ending), AR (middle of word), OO, VE, INK, ADE, OU, OW, IR, AR ending.
2. Digraphs and blends: ST, FL, SH, WH, SK, SM, SQU, TH, CH, SC, SP, CL, PL, GL, DR, GR, ND, SL, THR, CR, SN, BL TR.
Included in this resource
1. Teaching notes (mini-lessons) to teach each sight word memorably. Each lesson focuses on one word and then brings in several other words that share a sound spelling or are in the word family.
- ABC ordering
- reading assessment
- vocabulary bingo
- go fish
- making sentences
- sentence unscramble
- sound manipulation
- word sort
- word wall games
- write about it sections, and more!
4. Tracking charts
5. Achievement certificates
6. Plain word wall words
This product is for those who already have SnapWords® List C.
Total Pages 256
Answer Key Included
Teaching Duration 1 Semester (depending on the child or skill base the children have.)