THIS KIT INCLUDES:
Your child will take their sight word recognition to the next level:
- Learn words across the curriculum making it easier to read other subjects
- Understand the parts of speech – and how to build sentences
- Find meaning in the words through sentence building
The 301 SnapWords® Extension Kit builds on the foundation laid by the 306 SnapWords® Essentials Kit. Together, they give you 643 high-impact sight words to strengthen your child's reading skills. This easy-to-use reading program gives you time to focus on other important aspects of parenting or teaching.
This Kit is great for all types of learners:
- Small concrete words such as baby, bike, boat, coat, dog, shoe and run are great for introducing SnapWords® to beginners
- Visuals, movements, and stories target struggling readers
- Strong readers looking to sharpen their reading skills
- The abundance of nouns makes this perfect for children learning the English language
- Children with unique learning abilities such as ADHD, Down syndrome, dyslexia, autism, Asperger’s, auditory processing disorder, and more
Try before you buy
301 Kit Plain Word Wall Words
SnapWords® tracking charts
Sight Word Lists Activities for teaching SnapWords
SnapWords contents Dolch, Fry, Fountas & Pinnell
SnapWords® Quick Start Guide
How SnapWords® HELP
While both the 306 and 301 SnapWords® Kits are designed to help your students recognize essential sight words instantly, the additional focus of the 301 SnapWords® Kit is on adding other essential reading skills such as comprehension.
While learning to recognize individual sight words is important, our goal for our children is for them to read whole passages fluently and with comprehension. Adding the 301 SnapWords® Kit will help accomplish this as it contains rich nouns and verbs that your child can use to create meaningful sentences. It will change their experience from being able to read lists of words to being able to easily read whole passages.
Here are some important uses for the 301 Kit:
- Introduce words to very young children – as young as 18 months. (For example: ball, bird, box, book cat, car, boy, etc.) These are objects they are familiar with, so learning to recognize the word will be easy.
- Teach your students words that are used across the curriculum (example: o’clock, number, insect, world, planet, ocean, world, etc.) This will make reading for other subjects much easier.
- Add context and meaning to abstract sight words. Go from learning I, to, on, in, the, play, have, etc. to making sentences such as “That house is on an island out in the ” Or “I’m finally free to go play and have fun!” All the words in those sentences are SnapWords®.
- Because you can create sentences with the words in the 301 Kit, you can focus your attention on making sure reading comprehension is where it should be. Use a pocket chart to display your sentences.
- The hands-on aspect of creating sentences with cards will engage active learners, will capture their attention, and will make their learning student-driven.
- As you create sentences with the newly-learned 301 words, you can focus on teaching parts of speech and sentence construction. Identify and group words that are nouns or verbs or adjectives and teach children how to create sentences properly using those words. This practice will not only propel them into reading, but will help tremendously in creating skilled writers.
If your children did well with 306 SnapWords® Kit, it makes so much sense to continue on with the 301 SnapWords® Kit so word recognition will remain easy for them – and so you can focus on the other important aspects of reading.
Pick up your 301 SnapWords kit today and allow your child to form their sentences with deep, longer, and more special words as was not possible before.