Why do SnapWords® Work?
- 90% of words found in kids’ books are SnapWords®.
- Your child will instantly recognize those words as they read, leading to fluency and a jump in confidence.
- As they read, they will begin noticing word patterns.
- After learning 643 SnapWords® your child will no longer need pictures for learning new words.
- Because visual and body memory are so powerful, learning is more rapid and efficient.
- This one easy-to-teach system will unleash your child’s potential to read, comprehend and succeed!
SnapWords® harness the power of images, story, and motions to reach your child in a way that makes sense to them. If your child has been identified as a right-brained, visual, kinesthetic, or tactile learner – our multi-sensory cards and activities will engage all their strengths and will unleash their potential to read. And leave tears, frustrations and behavior issues behind.
Whether using in the home or in the classroom, this kit delivers everything your child needs while learning to read sight words.
What can I expect from using SnapWords®?:
It is common for parents and teachers, who use SnapWords® with their students, to see their child catch up and surpass grade level expectations, keeping up with their classmates. Don’t take our word for it – read testimonials or comments below from parents and teachers who have experienced success.
SnapWords® are designed to target as many learners and learning styles as possible:
- Young children or beginners
- Struggling readers
- Readers with unique learning abilities such as ADHD, Down syndrome, dyslexia, autism, Asperger’s and others
- English language learners
Ability levels include preschool through third grade and remedial.
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
- 643 high-frequency sight word cards (5.5" x 4.25") - SnapWords® List A, List B, List C, List D, List E, List Numbers/Colors/Days/Months/Seasons, List F, List G, Nouns 1, Nouns 2, and Verbs
- SnapWords® Mini-Lessons - 175 pages of engaging sight word lessons, activities, and games that teach word recognition, phonics, comprehension, spelling, and writing for SnapWords® Lists A-E.
- SnapWords® Mini-Lessons 2 - This brand new book includes mini-lessons for all words in SnapWords® Lists F, G, Nouns1, Nouns2, and Verbs.
- The Complete Sight Words in Sentences book to practice reading sight words in context.
- All 220 Dolch words, 500 Fountas & Pinnell most frequently recurring words, 300 Fry instant words and some extra high-frequency words.
In the classroom, pair with:
Let your students practice what you are teaching them using their own kid-sized heavily-laminated Student Cards. The SnapWords® 607 Student Kit contains the same words as are in the 607 Teaching Kit, but they are hole-punched and ready to use in centers. The Student Kit also contains reading phones to help with focus and hearing. Finally, there are three copies of The Complete Sight Words in Sentences so partners can practice reading their words in context.
Try before you buy
607 Kit Plain Word Wall Words
SnapWords® tracking charts
Activities for teaching SnapWords®
SnapWords® contents Dolch, Fry, Fountas & Pinnell
SnapWords® Quick Start Guide
Note from the designer:
"When I was in the classroom, I used SnapWords® for ALL my students. I did not reserve them for use with only those children who struggled to learn to read or for whom reading was tedious. I also taught ALL the words to ALL the students, not feeling I had to limit the children to the required list of words. What I found was that using SnapWords® with the whole class saved a lot of teaching time, brought the children together as peers, helped them quickly learn to help each other, and for those children who would have learned to read easily, SnapWords® made learning to read engaging and helped them with comprehension."
- Sarah K Major, M.Ed.
"I love the flash cards and my 5 year old daughter has learned very quickly. She wasn't with regular flash cards and I was told her attention span was too short. Not the case. Not only is my daughter learning but with your flash cards she went from not being able to recognize words such as "is" and "an" but in just 3 weeks she is now recognizing all of the level A words and is working on the level B words. She is also spelling without looking at her flash cards 30 of those words!"