Beyond Sight Words Activities B (Download)
Don’t teach and drill sight words the old, ineffective way! Now in just a few minutes a day, you can teach sight words using visual prompts and related body motions using Beyond Sight Words Activities B AND teach the major components of reading at the same time using a game-based approach that children love! This resource contains the activities that coordinate with SnapWords® List B.
This resource provides 248 pages of games and activities that teach and reinforce 460 words including the multisensory SnapWords® sight words found in SnapWords® List B. All additional words are related by word family or by their sound spelling!
1. Teaching Lessons (SnapWords® Mini-Lessons) for list B to teach each sight word memorably. Each lesson focuses on one word and then brings in several other words that share a sound spelling or are in the word family.
- ABC ordering
- reading assessment
- vocabulary bingo
- go fish
- making sentences
- sentence unscramble
- sound manipulation
- word sort
- word wall games
- write about it sections, and more!
4. Tracking charts
5. Achievement certificates
6. Plain word wall words
Skills taught in Beyond Sight Words Activities B
1. Word families: OT, ITS, IM, UT, BA, DE, TU, DI, TA. AY, AT, ENT, UST, AN, EM, IS, OW, AST, UST, LY, OP, OT, UT, IP, IN, OUT, ATE, ULL, AW, OOK, EW, AVE, EAD, EAT, ELL.
2. Digraphs and blends: BR, TR, TH, PR, ST, PL, FL, SC, SPL, SP, GR, SH, SL, CR, DR, CL, FL, BR, FL, KN, WH, SW, SK.
Activities that target all the essential components of effective reading instruction!
- Vocabulary and word recognition
- Phonemic awareness
- Alphabetic principle
- Reading fluency
This product is for those who already have SnapWords® List B.
Total Pages 248
Answer Key Included