Who is it for?
- Need a boost to keep pace with their peers in regular classrooms
- Are in resource or special education classes
- Are learning English
- Are beginners - 1st grade skill level
What makes it different?
Concepts and content are delivered visually and kinesthetically. Visual learning is instant when abstract concepts such as letters and words are embedded in images. Body motions combine with visuals to make learning unforgettable. Reading is taught from whole to part which resonates with how many children learn best.
How does it work?
- Start with highest-frequency whole words embedded in images.
- Children learn to read these words fluently and read them in context.
- As they learn words, break them apart in order to teach essential reading skills:
- Phonics concepts & sound spellings
- Spelling and writing
- Phonemic awareness
- Comprehension & fluency
- Writing and more
- The result of using this approach:
- Children will be empowered by using their own learning strengths
- will regain confidence in their ability to learn
- will learn about how they learn, which will help them in the future
- will be able to keep pace with their peers
- and will be able to break out of the cycle of failure
What’s in the kit?
- 342 SnapWords® high-frequency words (220 Dolch, 218 Fry, & 231 Fountas & Pinnell)
- SnapWords® Mini-Lessons - how to teach each sight word and words related by sound spellings
- 3 Sight Words in Sentences - practice reading in context
- CD of 1,279 printable pages of hands-on activities that correlate with SnapWords® and Mini-Lessons. 25 levels of difficulty. Activities include:
- word recognition
- phonemic awareness
- critical thinking
- writing, and more!
Let your students practice what you are teaching them using their own kid-sized heavily-laminated Student Cards. The SnapWords® 306 Student Kit contains the same words as are in the 607 Teaching Kit, but they are hole-punched and ready to use in centers. The Student Kit also contains reading phones to help with focus and hearing. Finally, there are three copies of Sight Words in Sentences so partners can practice reading their words in context.
"The snap words are a blessing for my SPED students." - Dora G.
"These sight word flash cards helped my special education students in reading so much this year." - Tiana A.
"These cards help teach a variety of learning styles, can't wait to see the progress my students will make this year practicing these together!" - Karley G.
"I use these daily with my k-1 SPED students. My students have experienced success in reading because of these. Thank you so much!" - Sharon P.
"Love these cards for my Special Education students!"