IN THIS KIT:
- 643 high-frequency sight word cards (5.5" x 4.25") - SnapWords® List A, List B, List C, List D, List E, List Numbers/Colors/Days/Months/Seasons, List F, List G, Nouns 1, Nouns 2, and Verbs
- SnapWords® Mini-Lessons - 175 pages of engaging sight word lessons, activities, and games that teach word recognition, phonics, comprehension, spelling, and writing
- SnapWords® Mini-Lessons 2
- The Complete Sight Words in Sentences book to practice reading sight words in context
- All 220 Dolch words, 500 Fountas & Pinnell most frequently recurring words, 300 Fry instant words and some extra high-frequency words
It is not uncommon for parents and teachers using SnapWords® as a strategy to help struggling readers to see their child catch up or even surpass classmates. Don’t take our word for it – read testimonials from parents and teachers that have been in your shoes.
SnapWords® are designed to target as many learners as possible. The SnapWords® collection is an effective learn-to-read strategy for children of all learning styles:
- Young children or beginners
- Struggling readers
- Unique learning abilities such as ADHD, Down syndrome, dyslexia, autism, Asperger’s and others
- English language learners
Try before you buy
607 Kit Plain Word Wall Words
SnapWords® tracking charts
Activities for teaching SnapWords®
SnapWords® contents Dolch, Fry, Fountas & Pinnell
SnapWords® Quick Start Guide
7 Steps for Teaching Right-Brained Learners to Read Sight Words
1. Display the following SnapWords® cards in a pocket chart.
2. The next time you go through the 12 words,
3. You can check whether your child knows all the words
4. Rearrange the words in the pocket chart
5. Have the child read these little sentences
6. Then ask the child
7. Now is the time to play mini-phonics games.
Note from the designer:
"I used SnapWords® Pocket Chart Cards when working one-on-one with a child, in independent centers where children could partner up and help each other learn the words, and also in writing centers where I would either arrange the words in phrases for children to practice reading, turning over a card at a time until they could read the plain words, OR making a mixed-up phrase for them to unscramble with a partner. My students LOVED working with SnapWords® and made huge gains in their reading fluency."
- Sarah Major, M.Ed.
Customer reviews: "
My children LOVE learning with these cards! Thank you so much for creating a simple & effective way to learn. I wish these had been around when I was younger." "Your snapwords cards have CHANGED my daughter's life. She could not read anything before we started with them, now she can recognize and spell most of set A on her own and is working through set B now. Thank you!!!!"
"I am pleased to say that my son for the first time said the other day that he actually is liking to read. He had struggled with his sight words since beginning to read. He heavily uses his phonetics and can read very large words, but has always had a problem with the sight words. Since getting the sight words and sentence book over Christmas break, we started to use the cards when we started back to school in Jan. He is reading so well and we are on list C already and almost done with it. He is reading much more fluently. Thank you so much, this has truly been a blessing for all of us."
"I love the flash cards and my 5 year old daughter has learned very quickly. She wasn't with regular flash cards and I was told her attention span was too short. Not the case. Not only is my daughter learning but with your flash cards she went from not being able to recognize words such as "is" and "an" but in just 3 weeks she is now recognizing all of the level A words and is working on the level B words. She is also spelling without looking at her flash cards 30 of those words!"